Keeping your info safe
1. Our commitment to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors.
In order to keep you up to speed with what we’re doing with your data, this notice explains:
• what information we collect when you’re using our website and when you’re communicating with us;
• why we collect that information;
• how we may then use that information;
• how we share that information;
• how we protect your information; and
• what choice and options you have to control your information.
Please contact us if you have any questions at all.
2. Our principles
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following principles:
• Your information belongs to you, not us;
• We’ll only process your information if it is for a genuine business purpose which we’ve explained clearly and you haven’t objected to, or where we’re legally required to.
• We’ll be as clear and open on what information we collect and why and how we use it and;
• If we’ve got your information, we’ll keep it up to date and keep it secure.
3. How do we collect information about you?
In any interaction you may have with us, we collect information in two ways:
1. When you directly give it to us by contacting me, filling in a form on my website, or by placing an order with us.
2. When our systems collect information or data as you use our website, such as through cookies.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information stored in a small file which is sent to and from web pages. They can be used to identify that you’ve visited websites before and some will be stored on your computer by your web browser. They are anonymous, so they don’t store any personal information of any kind.
Measuring web traffic:
We may use Google Analytics to help us find out:
• how many people visit our website;
• which pages and parts are most popular;
• how long people spend in each area; and
• what information people are searching for
These insights help us understand how to improve the website.
• browser types;
• operating systems; and
• the date and time of a visit
If you’d like to know more about Google Analytics click here.
How can you manage cookies and where can you find further information?
You can also stop us collecting data through Google Analytics Advertising Features – visit and adjust your personal settings as per their instructions.
4. What information do we collect about you, why do we collect it and what do we do with it?
If you get in touch with us, we will keep a record of your email address and message for as long as we need to in order to ensure we have satisfied our regulatory requirements. We may also collect, record and retain certain data regarding your activities on our social media. For example, we may record any social media posts which you tag us in or post on my social media pages.
How we use your contact information:
• To send you email service messages. We’ll do this so we can perform our contract with you
• To contact you about new products, services or events. We want to keep you in the loop, and we’ll only do this with your permission
• For detecting and preventing fraud. Protecting you and us from fraudulent activities
• To show you Action Wolf Media adverts elsewhere on the web
How we use your contact history:
• To provide customer service and support. We’ll do this so I can perform my contract with you
How to opt-out of marketing communications:
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. This can be done by emailing us at email@example.com. Once you do this, we will ensure that you don’t receive further marketing emails.
Please note that this might take a few days for all our systems to have updated with that fact, and that you might receive a small number of emails from us while we process your request.
5. Transfers of your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. How do we share your information?
• We share your information externally with our service providers when required for my business to function. We ensure that each company will safely handle your information securely and appropriately. Where possible, we enter into a contract with each company or individual, which sets out how they will handle your information.
• We share your information when required to comply with a legal request.
• We share your information where we believe it’s reasonably necessary to protect us or our customers: this includes where we think it is necessary to: (1) detect, investigate, prevent, take action regarding or otherwise address suspected or actual illegal activities, fraud, security or technical issues or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce or apply our terms and conditions of usage; (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect the security or integrity of our website; or (5) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
7. How do we protect your information?
In order to protect your information, we only share it where absolutely necessary. We do not collect any personal information we do not need and work with industry recognised third party providers to ensure that your bank details are safe. Where possible on our website, we use secure connections to ensure your safety and security and benefit from the security of our webpage hosting platform.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
• The right to stop direct marketing messages
• The right to request that we transfer your data to you or another service provider
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at my latest projects