1. My commitment to protecting the privacy and security of my customers and site visitors.
In order to keep you up to speed with what I’m doing with your data, this notice explains:
• what information I collect when you’re using my website and when you’re communicating with me;
• why I collect that information;
• how I may then use that information;
• how I share that information;
• how I protect your information; and
• what choice and options you have to control your information.
Please contact me if you have any questions at all.
2. My principles
Everything I do relating to your information is covered by the following principles:
• Your information belongs to you, not me;
• I’ll only process your information if it is for a genuine business purpose which I’ve explained clearly and you haven’t objected to, or where I’m legally required to.
• I’ll be as clear and open on what information I collect and why and how I use it and;
• If I’ve got your information, I’ll keep it up to date and keep it secure.
3. How do I collect information about you?
In any interaction you may have with me, I collect information in two ways:
1. When you directly give it to me by contacting me, filling in a form on my website, or by placing an order with me.
2. When my systems collect information or data as you use my website, such as through cookies.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information stored in a small file which is sent to and from web pages. They can be used to identify that you’ve visited websites before and some will be stored on your computer by your web browser. They are anonymous, so they don’t store any personal information of any kind.
Measuring web traffic:
I use Google Analytics to help me find out:
• how many people visit my website;
• which pages and parts are most popular;
• how long people spend in each area; and
• what information people are searching for
These insights help me understand how to improve my website.
• browser types;
• operating systems; and
• the date and time of a visit
If you’d like to know more about Google Analytics click here.
How can you manage cookies and where can you find further information?
You can also stop me collecting data through Google Analytics Advertising Features – visit and adjust your personal settings as per their instructions.
4. What information do I collect about you, why do I collect it and what do I do with it?
If you get in touch with me, I will keep a record of your email address and message for as long as I need to in order to ensure I have satisfied my regulatory requirements. I may also collect, record and retain certain data regarding your activities on my social media. For example, I may record any social media posts which you tag me in or post on my social media pages.
How I use your contact information:
• To send you email service messages. I’ll do this so I can perform my contract with you
• To contact you about new products, services or events. I want to keep you in the loop, and I’ll only do this with your permission
• For detecting and preventing fraud. Protecting you and me from fraudulent activities
• To show you Action Wolf Media adverts elsewhere on the web
How I use your contact history:
• To provide customer service and support. I’ll do this so I can perform my contract with you
How to opt-out of marketing communications:
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from me at any time. This can be done by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you do this, I will ensure that you don’t receive further marketing emails.
Please note that this might take a few days for all my systems to have updated with that fact, and that you might receive a small number of emails from me while I process your request.
5. Transfers of your information
The information that I collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. I will do my best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. How do I share your information?
• I share your information externally with my service providers when required for my business to function. I ensure that each company will safely handle your information securely and appropriately. Where possible, I enter into a contract with each company or individual, which sets out how they will handle your information.
• I share your information when I’m required to comply with a legal request.
• I share your information where I believe it’s reasonably necessary to protect me or my customers: this includes where I think it is necessary to: (1) detect, investigate, prevent, take action regarding or otherwise address suspected or actual illegal activities, fraud, security or technical issues or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce or apply my terms and conditions of usage; (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect the security or integrity of my website; or (5) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of my customers, or others.
7. How do I protect your information?
In order to protect your information, I only share it where absolutely necessary. I do not collect any personal information I do not need and work with industry recognised third party providers to ensure that your bank details are safe. Where possible on my website, I use secure connections to ensure your safety and security and benefit from the security of my webpage hosting platform.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• The right to access the personal information I hold about you
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information I hold about you
• The right to request that I delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
• The right to stop direct marketing messages
• The right to request that I transfer your data to you or another service provider
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please email email@example.com